Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Meet Six the Cat

Weclome to Wizards and Rockets, where we discuss books. And cats. For today anyway. I want all of you to meet Six.






She was found this morning at the library I work at, hiding inside the giant HVAC unit outside the back entrance. I named her Six because that's short for 636.8, the Dewey Decimal number for cats. Finding her was especially poignant because the Fondulac District Library is getting ready to move to a new facility. In another week or so, we would have all been gone and poor Six would have been left on her own.

A few of us on staff really wanted to adopt her as our library cat, but for a variety of reasons, that's just not possible. Currently, Six is staying in the office/library/spare bedroom at my house and she's made herself at home where she feels most comfortable - with the books.


Despite Six's incredible taste in books (she made a beeline for The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch), I cannot keep her because my husband and I already have three cats of our own in a house that isn't very big.

So, I'm looking for someone to adopt this adorable, sweet baby. Library staff pitched in to pay for her initial vet bills today so she's had her first round of shots and been treated for fleas and roundworm. She's sweet but shy and prone to hissing, but if you think about it, she's had kind of a traumatic day. She likes to be held but prefers cuddling with books.




If you can give this darling girl a loving forever home, please contact me. My email is gypsycab79 @ gmail.com. Parting with her will be heartbreaking, but I need to be fair to all parties involved - feline and human.

No comments:

Post a Comment